A lady senator goes ballistics

The impeachment trial of CJ Renato C. Corona is an occasion that should be watched by every concerned citizen. I, for one, find it so entertaining that I don't want to miss any moment of it. Besides, I'm not a lawyer which is the reason why I wanted to learn and be educated more on how those legal terminologies are being applied in the court of law.

How I wished the impeachment trial will go on forever because I'm amused every time I hear Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago berates and terrorizes the members of the prosecution on matters that have bearing on the articles of impeachment. However, last night was the most frustrating moment when Santiago again used the rostrum to go ballistics, as what the Philippine Daily Inquirer described it.

I'm wondering if there is a law that allows an overly educated legislator to feast with verbal abuses and violate the human dignity of those prosecutors who couldn't come up with the necessary evidences they were supposed to present in the impeachment court? I don't think I will ever forget the day when Senator Santiago insulted the prosecutors by calling them "mayayabang at gago naman." This made Ilocos Norte Rudy Farinas rose from his seat and made a motion to strike out the word "gago" from the records, which the Senate President and Presiding Officer Juan Ponce Enrile consented.

What transpired on Day 24, including the previous days of the impeachment trial, was an eye opener for millions of Filipinos around the world. I'm sure they were entertained at seams by Senator Santiago every time she stands up to demonize every "mayayabang at gago" in the prosecution team.

In parting, allow me to say that the more educated a person is, the more stupid that person becomes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening of public lands for agri-developments

China is to blame for the pandemic spread