Dreaming for Covid vaccination




Are you desperate to have the Covid vaccination?


For several days now, I've been trying my best to get an appointment with CVS and even visited www.myturn.ca.gov as advised by a pharmacist at Savon Pharmacy. But my efforts went in vain. I was able to get access to these websites but the problem was that as if the websites were down. I couldn't get through for reasons unknown to me.  But when I did, the CVS.com showed that most of its outlets were fully booked.

Desperate to have the Covid-19 vaccination, I decided to visit the Torrance-based Dept. of Public Health, thinking that it's administering Covid vaccination but I was wrong. I sneaked out just to go there yet I was told by two female workers, probably nurses, that they don't administer such vaccination there. I thought about going to the Harbor UCLA Medical Center but placards posted outside showed the hospital only does Covid testing and flu shots, aside from emergency admission of patients. Worse was that I couldn't get a spot where to park my car. Running out of time, I went straight to the Carson Community Center close to city hall. But the duo manning the Covid testing lane told me they're not administering Covid vaccination either. They said that they only do Covid testing. In short, I had to make an easy exit because I needed to go back to work.

According to newspaper reports, President Joe Biden has been pressuring state governments across America to comply with his order to at least undertake a 100 million vaccine shots. As mandated, those who are 65 years old and above, including the frontliners, could get the vaccination free of charge. As of March 15, 2021, about 71 million people have received the first dose of shots, while some 36.9 million were inoculated with the second dose, a government data showed.
Right now, the vaccines are available at most drugstores across the country. But the stumbling block was that it's hard to make an appointment for anyone to have the vaccination at a respective inoculation center close to where he lives. A proof to this was that there's only one pharmacy that administers Covid-19 vaccination in Carson, and that's Savon Pharmacy located inside Albertsons. But the pharmacist said that the drugstore can't vaccinate anybody unless one had made an appointment.

My question now is why make a big issue about making an appointment which is becoming impossible to make? As one of the frontliners, I don't think I'd be able to get one under the current flaws. I have no idea how the others were able to get the vaccination? Perhaps, it'd be best if the government will just open up a center where everybody could go there like what the Covid testing activities are being implemented. Based on my experience, getting an appointment for vaccination has become a hard ordeal for some. I just don't know with the others?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening of public lands for agri-developments

China is to blame for the pandemic spread